These are salmon which will be milked for their eggs at the fish hatchery on Vancouver Island
Tom and I arrived on Vancouver Island knowing we had places to see things to do - one of those beingt Tofino on the west side of the Island. This isn't Tofino but was close to it - great beaches, sorry no pictures of the surfers. I kinow these pictures aren't very good but they were taken with my iphone after an accident with our camera. Well, not sure if you can call it an accident. While we were at the Cathedral Grove taking pictures of the huge trees a bee (or something like one) decided we had been there long enough and stung me on the hand and I think I threw the camera thinking that would do something, not sure what. The camera landed on the lense and that was the end of our camera :( Didn't cry over it too long as within a minute my arm started to itch first the elbow then my other elbow and hand and before I knew it I was itchy from my eyeballs to the soles of my feet and thought I might have to find a tree to rub against. After a quick trip to a pharmacy and some Benedryl taken in the store without water, I realized that the lump in my throught that I thought was the pills caught in my through wasn't pills at all but some swelling.
I melted the ice I had on my hand trying to control the itching and then the swelling started. Not very pretty. Must admit it soured the sights for the rest of the morning until I fell into a drug induced sleep. Feeling much better now but it did take a few days for the swelling to go down.
This isn't Cathedral Grove but but a grove of giant trees at Elk Falls that Tony and Vicky took us to.
Here we are looking tiny next to these wonders
Elk Falls were a sight to behold!!!
Tony's car looked so good in the parking lot that I thought I'd take a picture and see if I could sell it to VW
So now we are mourning the loss of our camera and looking forward to getting one so we can take some pictures again - that is pictures that you can see what they are.
Tonight we are in Port Angeles, Washington and looking for some warm sunny weather. Anyone knoiw where it is so we can go to find it?
No comments:
Post a Comment