Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 9, Sept. 7, 2011


 Moraine Lake has changed|!!!!  The overlook we stood on 20 years ago is gone, thee is a resort there and 100s of tourists.  And the beauty of the lake has been lost.  Wish we had skipped this stop.





 Remember I asked you to bear with me as I learned to blog again, well  pictures are out of sync.  This is how we ended our day, sitting at the side of a river (picture to follow).  We're just outside of Jasper and enjoying a beautiful evening.
 Lake Louise is as beautiful as ever.  I guess there's nothing more to say, it was all we remembered from 1991 and maybe more after our last disappointment with Moraine.
We found this lake, or maybe I should say we drove past this lake, there it was right beside the road wanting a picture to be taken of its beauty.  Tom and I decided we much prefer to look in places other than the hot tourist spots.  This is so unspoiled and beautiful.
 God spared no beauty when His hand created these mountains.  White tips on top of grey and green and slate, absolutely gorgeous.
 I'm so proud of myself that I only put in a few pictures tonight - we took over 160 and I could have put them all in.  Every turn in the road had a spectacular view - nothing quite like the Canadian Rockies!

This is the river we sat beside until the bugs drove us inside.  Our first day in the Rockies was a reminder of how great our God is and how much He loves beauty.  Maybe with the sadness of leaving Ro and Art He knew we needed something that would distract us.  And it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment