Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 19

This was one of our last looks at the Pacific Ocean before starting east to see the interior of California - farm country!!!! But not before seeing the California giant Redwoods. What can you say about trees that are bigger around than we are and about 300 ft. tall.




This doesn't look so big, does it. But miles of forest were full of these majestic beauties.




















Have you ever seen a leprechaun before? lol
I tell Tom at least once a day how strong he is and how big he is in my eyes - I guess I'm going to have to start finding something else to say to him - like, you are so small I could hide 100 of you behind a tree. LOL
All kidding aside, tonight we're just outside Sacramento and may take a day to go back and backroad some farms we've seen - no pictures, cause no camera. But we have seen corn, sunflowers, almond groves, plum orchards, olive groves and fields of rice. This country is so full of surprises and is so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment