Before I prove to you cynics that we did get out of the car to see the Grand Canyon I must tell you about what happened while we were in Williams on Wednesday evening. Tom and I had dinner at a local restaurant - I had something or other and Tom thought he'd try their steak. After his first bite he said to me that he thought this was one of the steers raised on the scrub bush the is so prevalent around these parts. lol Anyway, we finished our dinner and headed outside to go back to the motel when we got caught in the middle of a fight. Not only did I see my first gun used but I saw a man killed as well. Well actually I saw four men killed by the time the street play was finished, hee, hee The only thing real about it weas the extremely loud noise from the guns. Tom resting for a minute after walking instead of riding the bus. So was the Grand Canyon what we expected? |That and more! The sights were spectacular, the tour buses got you around everywhere to see what you wanted to, we walked quite a bit and enjoyed a beautiful sunny day. Along with thousands of other people"! We just didn't realize how commercialized it would be. Oh well, back to the roads no one else wants to take. We ended Thursday in Page, just outwside Lake Powell.
You had me there for a minute.
ReplyDelete