Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 2






Tom started the day with one arch (the golden kind) and at mid day we were looking at another famous arch.
Today we went from fog (the pea soup kind) to a beautiful sunny and very hot day - 31. We did St. Louis around lunch time and Tom showed me another famousd ball park. I thought I was going to see games not just the outside of the buildings.
We also covered much very flat farm land - hard to keep Tom on the road as he sgtruggled to see every field to see how their crops were doing. I rediscovered one truth, you can't take the farmer out of the man. Missouri was very much like parts of Penn. , hills and trees and very beautiful.
We ended our day in Joplin just on the Misouri side of the Misouri/Oklahoma border. Don't know how far we'll go tomorrow but I know it will be fun getting there.

4 comments:

  1. Ro says she loves you and she is eating granola. Thanks for posting your pics! Ben and I have seen the arc. in St. Louis several timeson our treks to Texas. We've also eaten at the iHop in Joplin. This is where Tim and Dianne got snowed inat Christmas. Now Ro wants to type:
    r
    qu ylllki
    ggglrs1! r e w pcrrsse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were such baseball fans..
    Keep up the good work out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really should go to a baseball game in one city...I recommend Denver:) Looks like you are covering some good ground, you'll be home in a week at this rate:) Have a fantastic Sunday and we look forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if when you upload pictures you choose "center" under "Choose a Layout" then we won't have to read like 3 words at a time before going to the next line:) I think your readers would appreciate it. Let me know if you need more explanation!

    ReplyDelete