Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 5



Wow! Today we left our hotel knowing we were going to take one byway east of where we were and then go north and end the day near Tucson but the byway took all day . I was reminded of The Hill, B.C. but this was paved and had two lanes but the differences end there. There were no guard rails and the drops were unbelievable. I discovered that my fear of such things hasn't changed from our trip out west in 1991.

At one point while we made one of our many stops I reminded myself that the fear I wasfeeling wasn't coming from God and just asked him to help me give it to Him and just enjoy the breathtaking scenes. Another car was at the same stop and I asked him which way he was going and when he answered the opposite way to us I asked what the road was like that he'd just covered. He said it was very much the same as what we had just done - hairpin turns and slow driving.


Well, we started out again and within a couple of minutes we were in a lovely valley with a stream on my side growing bigger as we drove along. Anyone who knows me knows I love streams and find them so peaceful. It was! Our road trip from that point on was beautiful to see and everything we had hoped it would be. So the guy in the rest area was wrong about where he had come from and the Lord gave me just what I needed.

So how high did we go? We were well over 8,000 feet - there was still some snow left and the air was colder than it was the other day and this with no wind. We were level with the tops of mountains that so far we've been looking up at. I still prefer looking up rather than looking down:)

So where did we end up today? Further east than we were yesterday, we haven't made it to Tucson yet, that should be tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. They could use that snow in Toronto this week. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete