

This is one day delayed due to internet problems.
Yesterday we left Farmington and made our way to a national park called Mesa Verde and weren't disappointed at all spending the afternoon there.

I included this picture because I'm going to keep taking tunnel pictures until I get it right lol

These scenes we see all over the place but this was taken at the top of the park. We heard someone talking about it trying to remember what year the fire had gone through and he made a comment to it being the year that there were fires all over Colorado. Oh, in case I didn't say we were in Colorado today :)

This park was all about the canyon where the Anasazi people lived from AD 600 to 1300. In the picture you can see partof the houses they lived in attached to the base of the cliff.

Tom took this picture just so he could say two words today 'gnarly tree' lol

One of the highlights was finding Dolares and especially Dorales River. We followed the river all the way up the valley, watching it grow in size as other creeks ran in to it. One of the places I would pick to live in would be this valley - mountains running along bothsides of the valley with a river and just a little bit of land beside it.


Tom tells me that Telluride is the place for the rich to ski now so we made a trip there to see the town. Quite lovely but no end of people there walking around.



We started making our way to Durango but ended up quitting a little early and spending the night in a lovely little town surrounded by huge mountains. We had a relaxing hot tub beside a very swollen river and listened to the rocks hitting against each other as they were hurled down the river bed. I tried to take some shots of the stars but couldn't see anything in the pictures so won't include them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment