Sunday, June 6, 2010

dAY 17

One of the problems Tom and I face each evening is looking through the pictures taken that day and deciding which ones to include - they are always too many but for one reason or another we just feel they should be included.
This is my tunnel picture for the day - this one before we got to it :)

I hope you've discovered two things about me this past couple of weeks - I love mountains and I love flowing water. Oh, better make that three - I also love flowers. Oops better make it four things - I love dead trees. I think I better give up because I love taking pictures of tunnels lol.

The road this morning out of Ouray (I think I forgot to mention that`s where we stayed) is called San Juan Skyway and was 75 miles to where we were going. We were told last night by the lady who runs the motel never takes the highway in the winter and there were no guardrails because there wasn`t room beside the road and the plows needed to be able to push the snow off the side of the road. Did I want to take this road out of the valley, I wasn`t sure and asked Tom if there was another way to go. Ends up I really enjoyed it and even offered to go back the other way if we needed to. lol
Taken because I loved the look of all the white trunks.

More flowing water :)


I think this is the farm Tom wants to buy :)
After leaving Colorado we very unexpectedly found this farming community in the desert. If the land isn`t irrigated it`s desert but irrigated does grow alfalfa and spring grain. This area was actually growing soybeans. Just realized no one gives two hoots about this tidbit of information. lol




When you see rocks like these how you not think about what they look like. One was a turtle. Guess which one.
One thing we`ve come to love out here is never knowing what you will find around the corner. We went to Canyonlands National Park today in Utah - yes, we`re back there again. In the midst of all the rock we came around a corner and found this beautifully shaded area that was both sides of a small creek. It`s the only place you find this kind of thing.
Tonight we`re in Maob - pretending to be Ruth our Bible Moabite. Only problem is Maob is a real tourist town - lots of motels but not cheap. Oh well, now we know.
Tomorrow we go and see two more National Parks. Did I tell you that when we were at the Grand Canyon we met a couple from Cambridge who told us to get a season pass to the national parks the next time we went into one - we`d get credit for the grand canyon entry fee and it would pay for itself in no time at all. They were right, it has :)

No comments:

Post a Comment