We left Heber this morning with plans to see a number of byways and cover a few miles as well. This was the countryside we first saw as we left the town but it quickly changed to mountains.

Our first byway led to Green River which has been damed to form this lake. Beautiful and clean and far down.

This area is called Flaming Gorge because of the red rock. See the green rock right beside it. No we didn't sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas, we were talking about why I couldn't pick a bag of Ponderosa Pine cones to bring home :) Seriously, I wanted to but Tom said they wouldn't let me over the border with them as they have seeds in them.

This picture I included because I thought it was a beautiful tree and would look great in a picture. I often think (andf tell Tom) that I think I have a very artistic eye and can see beauty in things that he misses. lol

I have a great imagination! Some people think I'm just strange but it's actually not true, I just have a great imagination. When I was a child I loved to lie in the grass and look at clouds and see animals and things in them. Now that I'm a big girl I look at rocks and things to see pictures. In case you can't guess these are elephant toes.
Hope you have a good imagination and can see them too. lol

Tom is neither singing (which we were doing just before this) nor yelling at me (which he didn't do all day). Rather he is telling me about why we had just seen three oil wells in operation in the middle of all these mountains. His geology background often comes in handy during our drives in the mountains. :)

After I took his picture and was told not to do that again I said smile and took this rather good picture of Tom. No he hasn't changed, he hasn't aged even with the turn of another birthday and he's still one great guy.

You know I said I had a great imagination, well can you see the castle here. I took so many pictures today of walled cities and castles that it would make your head spin.
With so much royalty around us (referring to the castles) we are now in Price for the night.
Oh, for those of you who want to know about our room last night - the tub was wonderful and the king size bed made Tom say he wouldn't mind sleeping in one for the rest of our trip. I'm partial to double beds, I say they bring us closer together. lol
You have some pretty nice pictures there. I think your photography skills are improving!! Although you guys should put yourselves in a few more photos...outside of the MKX:)
ReplyDelete