Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 23

We left Glenwood Springs this morning knowing we were heading north and would be seeing some beautiful mountains and canyons. This was a difficult day for me, the high was to be 13 and it was overcast and rainy.
We did indeed see some beautiful rock formations - hope you can see the colours in this.

Isn't this gorgeous

This is Hamilton, Colorado - a beautiful village. We just had to snap a shot of it. I was supposed to get a picture of the sign saying Hamilton but our timing was off - I guess I should say my timing was off. lol


We did see beautiful mountains and lots of overflowing streams and rivers.
The weather was quite cool and it rained off and on all day. I kept telling myself I couldn't complain, but it was really hard not to.
We ended our day in Grand Lake, a cute little town right beside the lake itself.
You would have chuckled with us as we ate at the Bear's Den Restaurant, we had a very friendly waiter who seemed to forget more things the longer we were there. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting this young man but decided we would never hire him ourselves. I've just read this to Tom to see if he agrees with what I said and he started to chuckle, so that must mean he does agree. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment