Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 25

We left McCook this morning with signs of more heavy rain. Our spirits are feeling a little soggy too knowing we are on our way home which means our holiday is drawing to a close :(
We drove thru Nebraska, into Missouri and then Iowa seeing some new things but also some things we've been seeing a lot of on our trip.
Irrigation lines to water desert or near desert fields.Today we saw grain drying systems
Today we also saw - wheat

good looking corn
soybeans
overflowing riverswind turbines
better looking corn.

and flooded fields.Each day I've learned something new - some things Tom has taught me and some things Tom and I have learned together. Today Tom taught me something... hopefully if you enlarge this picture you'll be able to see what I would call plateaus. These are actually called berms and are built by bulldozer to stop water erosion on the sides of hills. There are a lot of these in the states we drove thru today.Thought I would show you a picture of a typical road we drove on today. It was so exciting I could hardly take my eyes off it, or at least when I was awake I couldn't. lol
We passed this combine doing 120 km. - oh, Tom says I should mention it was on the back of a truck lol.
Tonight we're in Grinnel, Iowa.

3 comments: